how to find an optometrist for your family

3 Tips for Choosing the Best Glasses

Wearing glasses can be a pain if you don't like the glasses that you own. If you do love your glasses, then you can treat them as a fashion accessory and wearing them is much less aggravating or embarrassing. Follow these three tips in order to make sure that you choose the best glasses possible.

1. Try to Make Your Glasses Contrast Your Face

There seems to be an unlimited number of options for different types of frames. This can be overwhelming for many people. In order to narrow down the possibilities and increase the ease with which you make a choice, consider getting glasses whose shape contrasts that of your face. This means that if you have a rounder face with softer features, choose glasses that have sharper corners and are more angular. If you have clearly defined cheekbones and your face appears to be more angular, try choosing rounder glasses with soft corners. The contrast will highlight your face and allow you to avoid having your glasses melt into your face and become less distinguishing.

2. Decide If You Want Your Glasses to Stand Out

The next step is to decide if you want your glasses to stand out when you wear them, or merely compliment how you already look. If you want your glasses to stand out, either choose black glasses that outline your eyes similar to the way that eyeliner does, or choose a bright color like red or light purple. When you're deciding that you want your glasses to stand out but you don't want to just get black glasses, make a list of all of the different clothes you have that you wear on a regular basis, noting their colors. Try to choose a pair of glasses whose color looks good with at least 70% of your outfits. If you need to, you can get a cheaper pair of glasses to wear with the other 30% of your wardrobe.

3. Make Sure They're Proportional

The easiest way to make sure that your glasses are proportional is to try several pairs on. Look for pairs that don't stick out on either side of your head, and that don't take up more than a third of your face. You don't want to appear like your face is drowning in your glasses.

For more information, go to a store that sells eyeglasses and talk to one of the salespeople. Even if you plan to buy your glasses online, trying on some at a store like Spectacles of Naples will help you decide what types of glasses are best for you.